While I was helping Erika get ready and taking pictures, Jay had the task of getting Ryan ready for his very important role as Ring Bearer. I felt bad that Jay would have to get Ryan in his tux alone while getting himself ready at the same time, but Ryan looked so adorable (and Jay very handsome)when they came downstairs that I started to cry (I cried pretty much the entire day, especially during my speech).
Ryan hardly fussed with his tuxedo and participated in pictures with the groomsmen much longer than I thought he would. I think that it definitely helped that he got to stay in between Uncle Michael and Richie most of the time - I guess logically, you would keep the three most handsome Bridal Party members together anyway, right?



I was very nervous about how Ryan would do in his function of ring bearer and I could not have been more proud of how good he was. For the ceremony, Ryan and I walked down the aisle together and I am happy to say that he did not throw the pillow or scream. He seemed a little bit nervous but man, did he look cute!!



I was very nervous about how Ryan would do in his function of ring bearer and I could not have been more proud of how good he was. For the ceremony, Ryan and I walked down the aisle together and I am happy to say that he did not throw the pillow or scream. He seemed a little bit nervous but man, did he look cute!!
When we got to the end of the aisle, Ryan sat with Jay and did not make a peep for the whole ceremony (so glad we had his pacifier) which was beautiful. Once Erika and Richie said their "I Do"s and were announced as husband and wife to all of our cheers, we took a few more pictures and then it was time for the party to begin!!
During cocktail hour, we had some time to relax in a private room with the rest of the party which was perfect because I worried Ryan would not eat much with so many distractions around him. Boy, was I wrong. He ate more than anyone else in the room and we discovered that he likes spanakopita - I think that Ryan ate 10 of them and sat down in a chair right next to where the server was standing so that he could take more whenever he wanted.
As soon as the reception began and the music started, Ryan could not wait to get on the dance floor, maybe to burn off all the food he ate, and he gave everyone quite the show


After his first act, everyone clapped which only encouraged him to continue. When he received no applause the second time, he clapped for himself until everyone joined in. When it was well past Ryan's bed time, we brought him upstairs to the babysitter so that we could continue to celebrate with the bride and groom and dance the night away. I guess we were having too much fun dancing though because I don't have any pictures of Jay and I dancing together. I do have plenty of favorites from the day though:
We had such a great time at the wedding and can't believe it is already over. Congratulations to Erika and Richie and wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.













1 comment:
What a nice post! Thank you for everything and for being the best made of honor and ring bearer!!! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family! I love you very much!
Post a Comment