Monday, November 15, 2010

I'll laugh about it later.....(or right now)

The other day I was tired and just was kind of at the end of my rope. I gave the kids a bath and was looking forward to quiet time: reading the boys books, putting them to bed and laying on the couch and watching tv. When it was time for the kids to get out of the bath, Ryan begged to stay for a bit so I left him in there while I dried Dylan off, and put on his diaper and pajama shirt. Dylan ran to go play trains in the living room so I got Ryan out of the bath, started to drain the tub and went in Ryan's room to help him dry off in and put his pajamas on - the whole thing took about 60 seconds. Ryan left the room to go play with Dylan and as I hung up the towels, I heard him say "Dillie, you are going to be in soooo much trouble". When I found Dylan (I heard him first), I was annoyed. Then, I decided to grab my camera and take a picture - I figured I would laugh about it later.
As I walked to get my camera, Ryan said through gasping breaths as he cracked up laughing "Dillie, those are your 'jamas. You are so funny, why are you doing that? you are so funny, you splashing me and I am getting all drippy"
As I watched the boys laughing and splashing I thought: So what that they are both soaked again and so what that the floor looked like a flood zone? They both think this is the funniest thing EVER so I sat down and laughed along with them....until they splashed me and then the party was over :-)
(the pictures are blurry but I am so glad I took them because you can really see that Dylan thinks he is hilarious)

1 comment:

grandma said...

it seems that lately they have so much fun together. Not only when they are causing trouble together -but when they are playing nicely. When I get to give them a bath - I always tell them that the lady downstairs is calling to say we are making a flood......

They play so cute - Ryan is always the boss (sound familiar to anyone) and tells Dillio to do things and Dylan listens to anything Ryan tells him to do. I was going to wet my pants on Friday when Ryan told me to close my eyes and push him up to the
sky on the swing like Daddy does.....I told him I was too afraid so he told me and Dylan to close our eyes and swing him high -Dylan was on the big boy swing right next to Ryan and immediately closed his eyes as tightly as he could and we all cracked up laughing.

I know that Ryan didnt talk Dylan into this one - but Dylan sure knows by the look in his eyes and face that he wasnt supposed to do this - usually when he realizes he did something bad - he says oh oh - did it work this time??? xoxoxx