From April 27th, 2010
After our first two jam-packed days at Disney, we decided to take a day off - Uncle Matt was coming down in the afternoon and we wanted to just hang out and enjoy the hotel a bit. After some breakfast, we all headed to the playground for a little while. No other kids were there so the boys found a shovel and pail and took turns playing in the sand and climbing the jungle gym.
After our first two jam-packed days at Disney, we decided to take a day off - Uncle Matt was coming down in the afternoon and we wanted to just hang out and enjoy the hotel a bit. After some breakfast, we all headed to the playground for a little while. No other kids were there so the boys found a shovel and pail and took turns playing in the sand and climbing the jungle gym.
Dylan was really most interested in playing in the sand and when I say playing, I really mean eating. Every time I turned around, he was trying to eat a handful. Gross.
After a while, it started to get pretty hot so we all got changed and headed to the pool. While there, a member of the hotel staff mentioned that there was a pirate ship pool so we headed over there instead - Ryan stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw it and stood there with his mouth wide open for at least a minute before he took off in a full sprint and jumped in the water. I have to admit, even I thought that it was pretty cool. (that is Ryan coming out of the porthole)
Dylan still wasn't walking (of course he started the week we got home), but he had plenty of fun spraying Ryan with the cannons and even went down the water slide a few times with Jay and I - he LOVED it!We stayed at the pirate pool for a few hours and I wish that we had more time during the vacation to visit it again because it really was a ton of fun. Nobody wanted to leave but it was time to head back to the other side of the resort because we planned on having a bbq for lunch. We found a grill and a picnic area so we set up and lunch was being cooked when Uncle Matt arrived.
After a good lunch and a feeding of the ducks, we all headed over to the main pool and while Dylan played in the kiddie area, Matt and Ryan were busy playing "Throw Me", a game I am pretty sure Ryan would have played until Matt's arms fell off.
He kept screaming "higher higher, again again" and was cracking up laughing. I could not believe how high he was going sometimes and he really did a great job going under the water and holding his breath.
That night, we headed to Downtown Disney and once again, I felt like there was just not enough time to enjoy everything. There were so many stores to go in, things to do, sidewalk entertainment etc. that I think we stayed until closing. We had dinner at TREX, a dinosaur-themed restaurant that had a huge T-Rex display, simulated geysers, woolly mammoths and even an aquarium.
After dinner, we headed over to the Build-a-dino store (like Build-a-Bear) and Ryan got to make his own friend to take home. He decided on a Spinosaurus which he called Rex and got him all ready. First step was to pick out the heart.
After picking out the heart, you are supposed to make a wish and give the heart a kiss before putting it inside the dinosaur. I have no idea what Ryan wished for but he was wishing super hard, that is clear!
Ryan loved his dinosaur and even insisted that Dylan get one too which he picked out for him. He carried the thing in its box all over Downtown Disney and to this day, the dino still has the distinction of being one of Ryan's "Bed Friends" I don't think that I have seen Dylan's friend since that night. One of the favorite stops at Downtown Disney for all of the boys though was the Ridemakerz store. In addition to having 8 showcars which the older guys were drooling over, there was an area where you could pick out your own parts to build a car to take home. When we realized that once you get all of the cool parts for the car, the cars are about $80 each so we decided to skip getting one and again, sat for a while in the sample area making our own models. Not sure if you can guess who, but one member of our group decided to take the role of the engineer and pretty much told the rest of us exactly how to make our cars.
Another fun but exhausting day - next up, Sea World and Uncle Brian joins us.



























No comments:
Post a Comment