Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sending some luck the Jets way against the Skins this weekend...

so here is a post about the cutest tailgaters ever (and no, I don't mean Jay and I not that any of you would be confused about that)!! For the one person that still looks at this blog, I hope this makes you smile today
Back in September, we took the boys to the Jets pre-season game against the Eagles - Ryan had been to Jets games before but not in the new stadium and it was Dylan's first game ever.  We got to the stadium about an hour before the game and the parking lot was not too crazy so we decided to have a football scrimmage.  Luckily Jay remembered to bring a football and the kids immediately started running around yelling "Throw to me!!!!"

We picked teams (Me and Dylan vs. Jay and Ryan) and huddled up to plan our strategies:
 
Dylan was a big fan of my strategy - Run fast and then turn around and I will throw you the ball.  I think Jay and Ryan had a bit more of a discussion about their strategy and I think the main debate was who would be the quarterback and who was going to go deep. 
This was not your typical two-hand touch game though: the boys were full-on tackling each other and I am pretty sure that both boys would have been ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike conduct if it was for real.   Dylan was more of a "pass interference" guy and would try to knock Ryan down before the pass.   Ryan on the other hand, was a face-mask, horse-collar, personal foul kind of guy.   The kids had a blast though, and neither one wanted to go in the game. 
 On a side note, Dylan is definitely the most athletic 2 year old I have ever seen.
 When we first got to the seats, Ryan was very cute trying to show Dylan everything "Dylan, look over here - this is a seat.  Look over there, those are the Jets - we like them."... 
They got up a few times to cheer and dance around and Ryan even led the section in a J-E-T-S cheer!
 The boys were great until about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter and then they started getting restless so we headed out.   It was definitely a fun night, especially the pre-game football game - I am hoping there will be many more of those to come and if any one out there would like to join us for a pre-game scrimmage next year, we will have a team sign-up in the off-season.

4 comments:

grandma said...

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE these pictures -everyone looks so relaxed and healthy and great and looks like everyone is having a ball. I do check this blog everyday because I cant get enough of those little faces.... count me in next year and if anyone will allow me to be on their team - I'm in!!!!

Poppa said...

If only one person still looks it must be me then! xoxoxoxox

nicole said...

I stand corrected - this post is dedicated then to my 2 faithful readers
xoxoxox

Aunt Erika said...

Excuse me, but I read the blog as well! I have the cutest nephews ever! I loved this post! xo