Neil and Eric invited us out to their house in Sag Harbor back on July 21st for a Barbecue and we were very happy to go out, especially since Aunt MaryAnn and Uncle Kenneth were up for a visit and Marteze was heading out also. Ryan and Dylan were so excited when we got out there and they couldn't wait to go swimming and show off their much improved from last summer swimming skills. I am pretty sure Dylan striped his clothes off before we even made it to the backyard.
Not sure how much time the boys really spent swimming but they sure had fun in the pool, shooting their guns, jumping on the raft and doing cannonballs. At one point after everyone dried off and changed out of their suits, Dylan jumped on the raft, fully clothed and with no swimmies. When we got him out and he got in trouble for going in the water with no swimmies, he declared "I didn't go in the water, I was on the raft" oy
I really love family get-togethers although there were a bunch of people that couldn't make this one and they were definitely missed! Chef Eric made a wonderful lunch for everyone and we all sat around and
talked, laughed, enjoyed the wonderful weather and just hung out.
One of the highlights of the day was playing Catch Phrase. For as long as I can remember, my family played games when we got
together - board games, guessing games, games in the car etc. Neil mentioned that he didn't have any games so Jay and I brought one out. I remember being a kid at Uncle Kenneth and Aunt MaryAnn's house and playing Pictionary. They even head a full size easel and pad and I don't think anyone in the family will forget the "nuts on a half-shell" debacle between Grandma and Uncle Ken. For this group, Catch Phrase was perfect and most people quickly got the hang of it...

We were all quickly cracking up and it was decided that Grandma and Neil are not allowed to ever be on the same team since all they do is crack up laughing.
We had such a wonderful time spending the day with the family and some of us didn't want the fun to end so we headed in to town to see what was going on....to be continued....

1 comment:
I love ALL of these pictures!!! The one of mom and dad is really great! Sorry we missed all of the fun! The pool looks awesome!! :)
Post a Comment