Saturday, October 13, 2012

Let the Birthday Festivities begin

For weeks, we have been getting ready for Ryan's 6th birthday.  SIX!!!!! I just can't believe he is 6 already.   Leading up to his birthday, we had many conversations about what kind of party Ryan wanted and after tossing around a bunch of ideas (Star Wars and Ninjago were the front runners), Ryan finally decided that he wanted an Angry Birds party.   

I told Ryan that for his birthday celebration at school, he could bring whatever he wanted.  When he asked me if I would make cupcakes for the class, specifically Angry Bird piggy cupcakes,  of course I couldn't say no and tried to figure out how exactly I would do that.  On Friday the 5th, we had his school party and while the cupcakes did not come out exactly the way I thought they would, Ryan was thrilled and all of the kids loved them too.
There were 27 kids in the class so I made about 30 - when I showed Ryan the first 5 and asked what he thought he said "Thumbs up and a sideways thumb mommy.  This one looks perfect, but this one looks little crazy, this one looks a little sloppy, this one has funny eyes....." oy
Thankfully my technique got better the more I did and by the time I was done, Ryan gave me 2 thumbs up! (which made me SO SO happy)
October is a very popular birthday month in Ryan's class and as a result, he shared his school party with a boy named Nikita.  Ryan seemed really excited to have a "birthday buddy" and I was really excited that Ryan liked the cupcakes I brought more. 
 It was really fun to watch Ryan with his friends and he seems to have made some really great new buddies that were really happy to help him celebrate, especially his classmate Roman.

 It was also pretty funny watching Dylan who I am pretty sure thought that he was in kindergarden and that all of the kids were his friends too.   He kept saying "Charlie, I am talking to you" "Javi, look at me", "Ben, you see my cupcake".   I am glad that the kids accept Dylan and let him play along too instead of treating him like the little brother.   I really hope that lasts until at lease he starts making his own friends. 
Right after Ryan's school celebration we went to the movies to celebrate Roman's birthday which happened to be the day before, but all I could think about was how excited I was for Ryan's party the next day.  The only thing that had me concerned was that the forecast called for rain and the party was outside.  How did it turn out??? Stay tuned.....

No comments: