from February 10, 2013
This past weekend showed that even though Punxsutanwey Phil predicted on Groundhog Day that Spring was coming, it definitely is still
Since we moved just across the street from our old building, we headed over to our usually hill right behind the house. As usual, plenty of Ryan's school friends were there and all of the Wyatt's came too.
As usual, because there is a road near the bottom of the hill, the parents took turns helping the kids up the hill with their tubes and catching them at the bottom of the hill before they went in to the road. I have to say, Ryan was really helpful to Dylan in getting both tubes up the hill and he didn't complain at all.
Ryan also wanted to sled way more than Dylan did. It did not take long before Dylan complained that he was cold/hungry/bored and sat down and proceeded to eat about 2 feet worth of snow.
After about an hour and a half outside, the kids begged Jay to have a snowball fight with them - the kids definitely need to work on their snowball making skills.
The next day we went up to Westchester to see Omi and Poppy and do a little more sledding.
While Jay and I were getting the kids ready in all of their snow gear (which takes FOREVER), we looked out the window and saw Omi and Poppy outside trying to make a smooth track for the kids to sled on.
We brought up one of our tubes from the city but the kids alternated between using the tube, a sled that Omi had and a boogie board that was in the barn lol. Once the track was pretty smooth, the kids were off down the hill.
The more they went down the hill, the faster they went and it was even more fun for the boys once Poppy added moguls!
While the boys were sledding, Jay started making a snowman and when Ryan saw, he decided to help out too. They did a great job!
While I don't like to wish the time away and actually don't mind the snow/cold that much, I am looking forward to spring and the weather getting a bit warmer. For now though, I see more snow in my future!



1 comment:
in some of the pictures I had to look very hard to see which boy I was looking at -- they are beginning to look alot like each other -- very very cute!!!
Post a Comment