Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Crybaby

We are trying to teach Ryan not to bite or hit. Besides telling him "No", we try to explain to him that what he is doing hurts. Sometimes, I will fake cry and Jay will say something along the lines of "Look Ryan, you hurt mommy and she is crying. Go give her a hug and kiss and say you are sorry". I didn't think our lesson was working but one day in music class, a little girl bumped her head and started crying - to the oohs of the other moms in the class, Ryan walked over to the girl and gave her a big hug. I was so proud of him that he realized the little girl was hurt and he wanted to make her feel better. We did see a different side of "Sympathetic Ryan" this weekend. My mom and I took Ryan to the mall and while we were there, Grandma and Ryan were sitting in the food court having some fries. A little girl at the table next to them started to cry and Ryan got right in her face and started fake crying. While I am guessing he was trying to acknowledge that she was crying, it was almost like he was making fun of her. I really shouldn't laugh about it, but hearing my mom laugh about it and seeing Ryan show me later, it really was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan is the CUTEST kid I ever saw....even cuter then my angels. Wish I spent more time with him. I love you guys.........
-Aunt carrie