Monday, April 21, 2008
Time Out
Ryan is usually a pretty good boy, but there are a few things we need to work on, especially biting and throwing things. After he bit a friend, Ryan started getting "time out". We always use the same corner in our apartment so that he understands, and Ryan is normally pretty good about sitting there until we come back to get him (usually about a minute). This weekend at Erika's house, Ryan bit me once and I warned him that he was going to get time out if he did it again. Maybe he thought that he wouldn't get it since we were not at home or maybe he just felt like biting me, but he did it again and he got time out. I sat him in the corner, explained why he had time out and as I was walking away, he started calling "Eka, Eka, Eka". He called for Erika the entire time he was in time out, I guess hoping that she would come and rescue him. Pretty much for the rest of the weekend, whenever Ryan did something "bad", as soon as he saw I was looking at him, he ran off to find "eka"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I cant believe that he sits there for a "time out" he is so bossy - I cant believe that he does that.. Time out is my least favorite thing - but he does look like a trouble maker even when he is sitting in time out. I hope he never calls my name out to help him in time out because I would sit right next to him!
Post a Comment