1. Sometimes on Friday's, grandma takes Ryan to Westchester and I take the train up there after work. Grandpa calls when he is almost home and the 3 of us go outside and wait for him so Ryan can drive. While we were waiting for him last week, Ryan bit me and I told him unless he said sorry, he could not drive. He immediately started crying and saying "papa car, papa car" and I told him again that we do not bite and if he said sorry, he could drive. I asked "Are you sorry?" and he said no. Of course, Grandma laughed and said, he is just excited, let him drive. I gave in - later, I tried to talk to him again about biting but all he wanted to talk about was "papa car, beep beep".
2. Ryan is still as wild as ever. His new daring feat: jump from on top of the coffee table to the couch. He thinks it is hilarious and while I am petrified he will get hurt, I can't get him to stop doing it.
3. The other morning, I gave Ryan a cup of milk, got myself a cup of water, and we both sat down on the couch. After a minute, Ryan saw my cup and said "Lala" (water) and I told him "Ryan, you have milk in your cup. If you drink your milk, you can have some water". He looked at me and as serious as can be said "Mommy, share". This from the kid that never shares. I was laughing too hard to say no, so I let him have some. He insisted on holding the cup himself and as soon as I let go, he walked away with it. When I told him "that is mommy's, you have to share it since mommy shared it with you" he said no and laughed. Nice.
4. Ryan and I made oatmeal raisin cookies (using a mix) on Monday because (1) I wanted some and (2) Ryan loves "raishins" and I thought he would have fun helping mix. He did have fun mixing, if mixing means bashing the metal bowl with the wooden spoon as hard as possible. He was beating the bowl so hard that the veins were popping out in his neck and the knuckles on his fingers were white.
I am sorry that the picture is not centered better but you can see the bowl flying in the bottom corner. I decided Ryan needed an easier job so he got to put the raisins in the mix - I think there are about 3 raisins total in the cookies we made because my "helper" decided it would be more fun to eat them instead.
5. For a while, Ryan has been waking up sometime between 5:30 and 6 am. As I have previously mentioned, I always held out hope that he would go back to sleep if I brought him in to bed with me. I have given up on that and instead turn on Lilo and Stitch and hope that Ryan will watch that in the bed and let me go back to sleep. Instead, he likes to pet my head like I am some sort of dog and says "nice, nice" and when he gets bored with that yells "Wak up" (don't know why he says wak instead of wake) the starts yanking my hand saying "mommy, come". Yeah, Ryan is pretty bossy and he definitely knows what he wants. Problem is, I let him boss me around most of the time because I just can't say no to this face - could you?
2 comments:
I take exception to the statement Ryan doesnt share - YES Ryan does share as long as you promise you/they will give it RIGHT back. My grandson is the happiest little boy I have ever seen! He is talking up a storm - and the bossier he is - the more I love it! On fridays after we walk mommy to the bus - I point and tell Ryan we have to go that way - of course - Ryan tells me and points - we have to go that way - which is always the opposite direction that I want to go - guess who always wins (not grandma) I look so forward to "my turn" on Fridays - it is the best privilage that I can think of. I NEVER want to lose "my turn" because I enjoy every single minute of it with Ryan. His little trouble maker face and actions cheer me up and make my day every single time I see him! xoxoxoxo
Those are all very funny Nicole, Ryan is the man and always shares with me.
I think I taught him a bad trick with that "Wake Up" thing and also the thing where he pretends to give you something than takes it away and says "MINE!" - hopefully that one didnt stick!!!
Post a Comment