Monday, January 19, 2009

Playdate fun

Ryan's friend Katie and her mom Colleen came over to play with us today and we had so much fun. Before Katie came over, I explained to Ryan that they were coming and that Katie would probably like to play with Ryan's trains too. We had a big talk about them since Ryan doesn't really like to share them, but I told him that since Katie didn't have many trains, Ryan would have to teach her all about them and when it was time for Katie to go home, Ryan could have all of his trains back and Katie wouldn't take any, as long as he shared. I still can not get over how good Ryan was about sharing (even Elizabeth said he has been better about sharing at Gymboree too). As soon as Katie got to our house Ryan walked right over to her and said "Come Katie, see trains? This Percy, this Thomas" etc. We bought Katie some trains for Christmas and Ryan could not wait to give Katie her present and even demanded she open them right away so they could "go puffin on the track". He didn't even try to steal them from her and said "Katie, now you trains" which I think meant "now you have trains too". Most of the day was spent playing with the trains, coloring with our new crayons from Katie, and eating. At one point, Katie said she wanted to take a nap in Ryan's bed, so the 2 of them ran off, hand in hand, to Ryan's room and they jumped on the bed. While Colleen and I hoped that they would take a nap, all they wanted to do was lie under the covers and read books.


When they got bored after a few books, we decided it was time for lunch!!
The kids were so cute sitting at the table, with their juice boxes, pasta (ronis as Ryan would say), and apples, but I can't believe how big they are getting. It seems like not that long ago when their lunches were made of pureed apples and we had to put them in car seats to feed them. Time flies when you are having fun I guess. I really wish that Katie and Colleen lived closer so we could see them more often - Thanks guys for a really fun day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is adorable - they both do look like such big kids - but if you ask me - it looks like Ryan is doing most of the eating...
xoxoxo gamma