Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Funnies

1. Last week, Jay's day off was Tuesday and he spent the day with Ryan. When I came home, Jay told me that Ryan was a really good boy so when they went to the store to buy dinner, he told Ryan he could pick out whatever snack he wanted - he chose a loaf of oat bread.

2. The same day, Jay said Ryan ate all day long. Ryan is now strong enough to open the refrigerator and if we do not keep the kitchen door closed, he will go in there and take whatever he wants. As soon as I walked in the door after work, he said "dinner mommy, come" and led me to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Our conversation:

Ryan: "Cheese please" and handed me a ball of fresh mozzarella that was for our dinner. I don't think that Ryan has ever eaten mozzarella before
Me: "Ryan, I don't think you like that cheese, how about this cheese" and handed him a slice of American cheese
Ryan: "NO, this cheese" and pointed to the mozzarella.
So I cut him a piece and as soon as he finished he said "More please. Cut faster"

3. We have a new routine anytime I leave for work (or anyone else leaves our house). Ryan walks whoever is leaving to the elevator, we all have to karate chop the down button which he finds totally hilarious, then everyone gets a high five. After you get your high five, he yells "Down low, too Slow".
4. Not funny but an update of Ryan's five current favorite things:
- Food: A-cots (apricots) and "white" donuts (the powdered kind)
- Any tv show on Noggin (Max and Ruby, Blues Clues, Dora and Diego) (check back later for a video of him dancing to Diego)
- The expressions "Don't worry", "Be right back" (with his hand help up saying wait) and "Faster".
- Anything Thomas (he loves his trains and could play with them ALL DAY LONG, especially linking them together so he can carry all of them easily at one time). video of trains to follow also
-sleeping on "mommy pillow" when he gets up in the middle of the night

5. As I have mentioned before, Ryan and Grandma walk me to the bus every Friday. Each Friday, we stop at Lenz's Deli to get Ryan a poppy seed muffin and then go to the bus stop. Some mornings, we end up having to run to the bus so I don't miss it but other mornings, we have time to sit together and wait. There are three seats at the bus stop and usually Ryan sits in the middle (for 3 seconds), Grandma sits on one side and I sit on the other. For the past two times, someone has been sitting in one of the seats and Ryan has walked right up to them saying " 'cuse me. mommy seat." as as he tries to push them off the bench. Who knew you could be polite and rude all at the same time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to be RYAN's bench - so he is actually nice that he lets them sit there at all. Although you only live 5 minutes from the bus - it usually takes us over an hour to get back home because Ryan "explores" all the way back and Gamma justs laughs all the way home -- I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah - if I must say so myself - I look pretty good for an old lady gamma! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

you look great!! you definitely don't look (or act) like an old lady grandma. love you
xoxoxox