1. For the past two weeks, Ryan has two new sayings, both of which he uses often: "I so sad" and "I so happy". Both make Jay and I smile equally. Ryan always says "I so sad" for the same reason - he is trying to avoid doing something. Most often, he says it at bed time. He scrunches up his eyebrows and looks at me very seriously and says "Mommy, I sooooo sad", each time filling his voice with Oscar-worthy despair. When I ask why he is so sad, the answer is almost always the same "I need water, please". Oh, to have such sadness in life. After he drinks the water, he takes a deep breath and says "Ah, I so happy" and lies back down. Ryan is really though one of the happiest children I ever saw and even strangers notice it. Ryan has been telling us lately how happy he is which, as a parent, is really the best thing to hear. If he is having fun, he will say "Ryan so happy" and if he sees us smiling at him, he will ask us if we are happy too. You bet we are Ryan - We love you so much!!
2. We are trying to teach Ryan his full name and where he lives - We now have a son who thinks his name is "Ryan Jungle" and he lives in Newark.
3. Jay and I are really trying to prepare Ryan for the new baby although I am guessing that nothing we could do could make him really get it. Ryan got a book from Omi and Poppy that we read to him about being a big brother so now, whenever a conversation comes up about the baby, Ryan says "I brother", haha. The other night, Ryan insisted on laying across my belly because to quote Ryan "Baby need ABC's, Baby need twinkle" and proceeded to sing the baby all of these songs. It was so absolutely cute and when Ryan was done, even gave the baby a night night kiss (of course, he then stepped on my stomach to try and climb out of the bed).
4. Speaking of songs, Ryan has become much more interested in singing along with whoever is singing. As previously mentioned, we sing to Ryan every night after books and one song we sing is the ABCs. While I knew that Ryan could sing part of it, I was totally caught off guard when he started singing it on his own the other day. I love it!!
His other current favorites: Where is Thumbkin (but he only sings about "Pumpkin", "Snowman" and Pinkie"), Emily (from Thomas and Friends), and You are My Sunshine.
5. Because we don't have a train table at the house, we set up the tracks either on our coffee table or floor. I am getting much better at making elaborate, twisty tracks but Jay is still the best. Generally, Ryan will play with the trains on the track and doesn't try to destroy it, but every once in a while, he decides to break the tracks. When he does, the conversation is almost always the same:
Ryan: "Uh Oh Mommy/Daddy. Tracks all a mess"
Me/Jay: "Oh no. How did that happen?"
Ryan: "Ryan do it. Track all broken"
Me/Jay: "Why did you do that Ryan? Do you not want to play with your trains anymore? We can put the tracks away"
Ryan: "No, Ryan play trains. Ryan fix track - I do self." and he usually does a pretty good job fixing it.
Bonus video: I meant to put this video in last Friday's post, but I accidentally put it here and decided to just leave it. 7:30 pm in our house can only mean one thing: time for Diego!
1 comment:
good thing he didnt fall over the "mountain" of a belly when he tried to climb out of bed - he would have gotten a boo boo xoxox love you
Post a Comment