Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Brothers

The night Dylan was born, Ryan stayed at my parent's house and I could not wait for him to come to the hospital to meet his little brother. We had talked about the baby for months and the time was finally here - I guess months of telling Ryan that we need to be gentle with the baby and that he will be very tiny must have made Ryan nervous though because I was surprised at how shy he was.
Ryan told my mother later that day that he did not like "Dylan's house" - I think the hospital was just overwhelming for him and seeing me in that environment was probably confusing for him. Ryan did start warming up to Dylan after the exchange of gifts, perhaps thinking "This baby can't be too bad if he knows about Thomas". The longer Ryan stayed at the hospital, the closer he would get to Dylan but he said he did not want to touch him because he was afraid.



Being a family of 4 has been wonderful so far and here is our first family picture, trains included.
We are thrilled that Ryan seems happy about being a big brother and Jay and I are so excited to see the boys grow up together - I know that they are going to be best friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my grandsons are so cute and just so perfect - xoxoxoxo Good job Nicole and Jay - your boys make us all so happy xoxox Gamma

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving us such precious grandchildren. Ryan, you are going to be a wonderful big brother!!! Lots of hugs and kisses xxooxxoo -- Omi and Poppy

Anonymous said...

If Dylan starts playing with his hair when he's tired - you better watch out - then for sure he is already starting early to be just like his big brother! xoxoxx gamma

Anonymous said...

The last picture is the best! I haven't seen that one yet...can you send me a copy? xoxoxo