Two recent funny stories, both involving the swings:
1. Ryan and Grandma play a game called "Up to the sky" on the swings. I took Ryan to the park the other day and he told me he wanted to play - I didn't think it would be that complicated but Ryan kept telling me I was doing it wrong.
Me: "I am sorry Ryan, I will have to call Grandma and ask her to teach me how to play"
Ryan: "You have a phone?"
Me: "Yes, why?"
Ryan: "Call Gamma now"
2. They also have a game on the swings "Spin" which is exactly how it sounds - you twist the swing around and let go so it spins around. Mom didn't tell me she only twists the swing 3 times before she lets go. I on the other hand, twisted the swing about 10 times so Ryan spun really fast and wildly. As he was spinning, he was cracking up laughing yelling "I can't see my eyes"
Ryan loves going to the park and we try to go as often as possible. Whenever we are there, Ryan loves to play with kids that are there, although he has no interest in playing with little boys his own age. Instead, he always follows and imitates the older kids and as a result, he has become a little daredevil. He used to be afraid of going down covered slides for some reason and recently has been going down all by himself.
Jay and I took him and Dylan to the park yesterday and we couldn't believe how well Ryan could climb the nets by himself, tried to slide down the rope swing, and even climbed the monkey bars. 





I look at Ryan and think how fast the past 2 1/2 years have gone and it amazes me that my little baby is not the baby anymore - he is a wonderfully smart little boy that surprises me everyday with his humor, intelligence, and love and I am so glad that Dylan will get to learn from him. I know Ryan will be a great teacher, playmate, brother and friend!! 


3 comments:
WOW - Ryan looks like such a big boy - his haircut is adorable. I LOVE FRIDAYS!!! XOXOXO gamma
that is so cool that Ryan thinks I do something right - lol --- I sure dont know how to play trains -even though Ryan asks me every single time - "gamma play trains with me". The second I do - the first thing out of his mouth is NO gamma - but I will keep playing until I get it right....
Dearest Ryan,
Its difficult to believe how much you have grown - you remind me so much of your daddy when he was that age -- he loved the swings and monkey bars too. Thank you for bringing us so much joy and happiness.
Love Omi xxoo
PS -- I love your haircut!!
Post a Comment