Monday, April 13, 2009

EkaRichie visit

When Ryan talks about Erika and Richie, he often refers to them as one person: EkaRichie. We were all so happy when EkaRichie came for a visit this weekend. We had not seen them since Christmas and we were so excited for them to meet Dylan. They both came over right from the airport and spent the day with us hanging out in the city. While Dylan took a nap, we went to the park and I think both Erika and Richie were both surprised how daring Ryan was compared to the last time they saw him. We were there not long before Ryan took someones skateboard and tried to ride it, even though he had never seen one before. Then he climbed the net by himself, went down the slide head first, and no matter how high and fast we pushed him on the swings, he kept yelling "Higher" and "Faster". I think that Erika was about to have a heart attack watching Ryan's antics and she asked how do I not worry about him getting hurt: I do always worry, but I guess I just got used to the feeling after a while. Erika and Richie were really great with both boys and I think they really wanted to take them back to NC with them. I wish that they lived closer so we could see them more often.



The next morning, Jay and I took the boys up to Westchester for a party at my parent's house and to decorate Easter eggs with Omi and Poppy. First, we headed over to Jay's parent's house where we dyed and decorated eggs for our Easter egg hunt. Ryan did most of the dyeing and Omi and I decorated the eggs with crayon and stickers.
While some of the eggs ended up being cute, none of them compared to the egg Uncle Brian made for Ryan:
Brian not only made a Thomas egg but he made a Lightning McQueen one too (I don't know why I didn't get a picture) Ryan was much better at dyeing the eggs this year, but I do have a feeling it will take days to get all the dye off of his hands! After decorating the eggs, we went over to my parent's house where where we had a party so some of our other relatives could to meet Dylan and everyone could see Erika and Richie. Ryan's favorite part of the party probably was the chocolate bunny that Aunt Ginny got for him. It is a good thing nobody in the family has cooties because Ryan made everyone take a bite.


It was a really nice weekend and Jay and I were so happy to be able to spend so much time with Ryan, Dylan and everyone else, especially Erika and Richie.
Erika - Even though I saw you yesterday, I already miss you and am sad you are gone. I guess I am going to have to come visit you very soon (or convince you to come back) Love you and Richie and thanks so much for coming to visit - it made me so happy that you finally got to meet Dylan and see in person what a big boy Ryan is. I really hope we see you again soon. love you xoxoxoxox ps- you live too far away

Michael - so you don't feel left out, I miss you too. Come over for dinner soon xoxoxoxoxo


(Easter will get a separate entry - I will post it with pictures and video soon)

No comments: