Continuing the family tradition that we started last year, we carved a pumpkin tonight to get ready for Halloween. By the time we bought the pumpkin, it was slim pickings at the store as you can tell by the back of the pumpkin - the front of the pumpkin looked great though and my 3 carvers were very cute too.
Once we started carving, we realized very quickly Ryan was going to need to be distracted since he kept telling Jay he "needed" to use the knife.
In his attempt to distract Ryan, Jay said "Let me cut the top off and then when we are finished, you can put it back on like a puzzle" and then for the rest of the night, Ryan kept saying " I need to do the puzzle now". Unlike last year, Ryan was happy to help scoop the seeds out of the pumpkin but Dylan seemed to have even more fun than Ryan did and kept trying to pull the pumpkin away from his brother.
When we were finally finished making the jack-o-lantern, we lit it and Ryan said he wanted to get all of his Halloween "friends" together. Of course, I was more than happy to take a picture of them.
I can't wait to enjoy the rest of the Halloween activities we have planned for this weekend with the boys- I see a lot of treats (and some tricks) in our future!!
No comments:
Post a Comment