Wednesday, January 13, 2010
New York Kids Club - End of the Semester Visiting Day
Today, Jay and I got to attend Parent's Day at Ryan's school, NY Kids Club. Parents were invited to attend class for snack time and a special awards ceremony to mark the end of the 1st semester. When we entered the classroom, we sat down on little chairs while the kids ate their snack (Ryan was the only kid that ate his fruit) and the teacher read them a story. The story happened to be about the subway and during the story, she asked the class "Do any of you know what train you ride?" and Ryan screamed out "Wait!!!" since his mouth was full. As soon as he was done eating he said "I know what train I ride. I ride the 6 train. I rode the 6 train with my daddy and sometimes I ride the train with my mommy. The subway makes the noise like this 'WOOOO WOOO' but there are trains beside the subway, there are diesel locomotive engines and they make a noise 'BEEP' ...." and went on and on about trains while all of the other kids and parents just sat there staring. Later, the teacher told me "Ryan is always an active participant in story time", lol. At the end of class, all of the students received a medal and a certificate while the teachers talked about the students progress throughout the semester. Regarding Ryan, they said that his listening really improved throughout the semester and he always wants to help his friends. I am really glad that Ryan has been going to this class because he really seems to like it and asks every morning if he is going to school that day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love when I ask Ryan how school was and he tells me a story about the other kids who didnt behave and got "a break". He seems like he really does like school and all the projects they do. Papa and I have some of them hanging on our fridge and I must say they are BEAUTIFUL. (and although I was accused of stealing the pig one - which Jay did GIVE ME)I look forward to filling up the whole fridge door with more of Ryans and Dylans works of art too!!
Post a Comment