Monday, August 23, 2010

Tonight's gonna be a good night...

A few weeks ago, we went to Jay's work picnic and on the way home Ryan started singing "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night" from the Black Eyed Peas song I Gotta Feeling, which the DJ played during the picnic. He has sung it many times since then even though he only knows one line. You can not imagine how excited Ryan was when the DJ played the song at Amanda's Sweet Sixteen on Saturday night. None of the pictures from this night do justice to how much fun the boys had but the videos though are hilarious I think.

Grandma, Papa, the boys and I headed out to the party in Long Island and on the way, I mentioned the party had a luau theme. Not sure where Ryan heard about a luau before (he didn't know he said) but he started telling us all about how there might be coconuts at the luau and they will be round and brown, and if you break a coconut, milk can come out and we can drink it. I have no idea how he knew that. After we all got our leis, Ryan looked around the room, turned to me and said "look at all of those friends over there" and was off to dance and meet the kids.

Dylan spent 3 hours of the party running back and forth from one end of the dance floor to the other, every once in a while stopping to dance with Ryan or to laugh at Papa who was chasing him (thanks Papa for not letting him escape). Dylan only took 1 45 minute nap all day before the party and I have no idea where the kid gets his energy from - I finally got him to fall asleep at 10:30 pm after walking him around the parking lot 10 times but I am pretty sure he could have gone much longer. I think that he just doesn't want to miss out on anything fun and will stay up all night if he has to - kind of sounds like someone else I know...

It was a pretty fun night and nothing sums it up better than the below videos.





I am sorry for the video overload but I thought that they were all pretty funny so just included all of them.

7 comments:

Richie said...

i love the roll

aunt erika said...

HAHAHAHA!! AWESOME!!

aunt erika said...

Also, that is a great picture of my mom!! My mom is the prettiest mom, all my friends say so! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Ryan -- you have all the right moves!! maybe you will teach me -- Please save me a dance or a few at Sara's wedding -- the other guests don't know what a treat they are in for!! You just make my day so happy and I love you for it -- Hugs and kisses Omi

Anonymous said...

oh my god..I wish I was there....Getting a headache watching him spin around. Were my kids ever that cute?????

Anonymous said...

thank god no one in this family has my brain gene...I can't even figure out how to put my name in..........

uncle michael said...

i agree with Richie - the roll was great!

For the millions of viewers of the blog confused by the anonymous posts above - I'm assuming they are Aunt Carrie.