Saturday, August 14, 2010

Venetian Shores

(from July 17)
This weekend we were invited to join my friend Rita and her daughter, Katie, for a trip to the beach. I almost didn't go because I really was not sure if it would be too much with both kids by myself (Jay was working), but decided to go and figured I could always leave if I couldn't handle it. Well, I am so glad we went because we all had a great time!!! After convincing the parking attendant that we should get in for free because our kids were so cute, we parked the car and told the kids that they had to eat lunch before they could go in the water. Well, getting them to eat was no easy task especially since they say the sprayground on the way in. What is a "sprayground" you might ask. THIS is a sprayground!
- a humongous sprinkler park that the boys that was the greatest place ever. They spent hours climbing, splashing and running around checking everything out. Dylan was hilarious because he wanted to do everything the older kids were doing and spent most of the day completely content to be playing by himself.
People kept commenting that they couldn't believe he wasn't afraid of the water and on more than one occasion, I found him putting his face right in the line of fire of a sprinkler and cracking up laughing.


Ryan equally wanted to play on the beach and in the sprinkler area and pretty much wanted to do whatever Katie did.
Running around and having fun sure does get tiring though and there is no better place to take a rest than a pool puddle.
Thanks so much Rita and the W family for a great day - I hope that we can do it again soon.

1 comment:

grandma said...

you two boys are so lucky!!! You get to do all the fun things. Although you have a great time every single place that you go - Daddy and mommy sure take you to cool places. I love being part of this awesome, fun family. I love you all xoxoxxx grandma