Thursday, February 23, 2012

52 Week Project - Week 7 - Love

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.
- George Sands 

Since Ryan was born, I have done a Valentine's Day "photo shoot" of the boys to send messages of love to family and friends.  This year it is a little bit late - it was absolutely freezing on the day I chose to do the shoot and it didn't quite go the way I wanted.   It as so cold in fact, we didn't even make it outside with Dylan.  Ryan was a pretty good sport though (until he told me that it was so cold his fingers were going to fall off and begged to go back inside).
 When we got back unto the apartment, I tried to set up a backdrop but Dylan would not stay still, kept knocking everything down, and none of the shots were really coming out the way I wanted them too.  They were totally "Dylan" though - crazy, funny and totally silly.
 
 
I finally thought I had the perfect shot and Dylan was more than willing to participate.
Only problem with the above shot  - when we were at lunch last weekend, Dylan picked up a fake flower out of the vase on the table, put it in his mouth and said "Look at me, look at me" LOL.
My children are really lucky - they are surrounded by a lot of people that really really love them and they know how loved they are.

From our family to yours - we wish you a very Happy Valentines Day.  We love you all SO SO much!!

 On a side note, for Valentine's Day, I helped Ryan make his Valentines for his class.   I made chocolate hearts in 5 different colors and each kid got a baggie plus a card.  Ryan helped decorate all of the baggies and put the chocolates in each one and Jay helped with all of the cards while i tied up the baggies.
 
Ryan tried one of the white hearts and said they were so gross and none of his friends would like them.   I have to admit, I was pretty upset but was already 75 chocolates in and figured "oh well".   When we were putting the bags together, Ryan asked to try a red heart.  Mind you, both are chocolate melts, exact same taste just different colors - well, Ryan ate the red one and declared "Mommy - these are delicious!! My school friends are going to love these.   You are the best baker in the world".   While I would not go that far,  I have to say it made me feel so good and I was very happy to have made the baggies (they were a hit with the class Ryan said!!)

I don't really want to get too sappy about love so I will just say this about all of you reading this (and for my boys that can't read it yet but hopefully will one day)- you are my life and I would be nothing without all of you.  I love you all more than you know
xoxoxo
A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~Author Unknown
 

3 comments:

mom said...

I LOVE your valentines shoot! You are getting better and better at this to make my day! I love you xoxoxx

Erika H said...

I wish Ryan was in my class - AWESOME Valentine's Day idea!!

The flowers are beautiful! Were they a gift? I love how you edited the very first picture and I of course LOVE the one of the flower in Dylan's mouth!! Haha!

I love you all very much!! xoxo

Michael said...

I lol'd reading this one. Good pics too