Thursday, March 15, 2012

52 Week Project - Week 11 - Happiness

So I skipped a few weeks - those posts are coming but here is this week's post for the 52 week challenge..

Happiness
I had a totally different idea in mind for this week, but then I saw this and had a different idea
This past weekend we had beautiful weather and we decided to take the boys for a ride up to Bear Mountain.   Jay and I both went there many times as kids on field trips or with our families and we wanted to take the boys up to the scenic look out.  Of course, we drive all the way there only to find out that the lookout is closed for the season and doesn't reopen until April 1st.   Not knowing where else to go, we started heading home and eventually came a huge lake and a state park and decided to stop and have a little picnic, thanks to the delicious bag of snacks grandma gave us.  When I saw the bench, it made me happy (and then made me wish I had a cup of coffee) and the boys were very happy to get out of the car, stretch their legs and have some lunch.
After sitting down for a bit, the boys ventured down to the water and had a ball throwing rocks in and making splashes.  
The closer Dylan got to the water's edge though, the less relaxing our picnic became and it was not long before we realized we could either pack up and head out or face the fact the consequences when one of the boys ended up wet.  Not wanting to ruin the day, we quit while we were ahead and started to head out
 As we were walking toward the car, the boys saw some guys fishing and asked if we could go out and see if they caught anything.  And because they are so smart and know how to truly make me HAPPY, they even offered to let me take some pictures of them if we let them go on to the pier.  I think you all know my decision....
 
 As usual, Dylan wouldn't stand still long enough for pictures - I think i need to work on my manual camera skills to get super-fast shutter speed photos.  

We had a really nice day fully enjoying the good weather and being outside and I think that we are all looking forward to Spring being right around the corner.   Ryan especially enjoyed being at the lake and has already asked when we can go back and when we can try to go to the "closed mountain again"

2 comments:

grandma said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog - everyone looks so happy and great -almost makes me want to keep ALL of you xoxoxoxx

Erika H said...

Great post!! I love the quote and the picture of Ryan and Dylan hugging is adorable! xoxo