Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Five

( from October 9, 2011 - i wrote this then and had it in draft form - not sure why I never posted it)
Ryan is five. FIVE.   The past five years have flown by and I just can not get over that my first baby is 5.    This past week has been filled with birthday excitement leading up to yesterday's birthday celebration at the park.  
Ryan's birthday was on a Friday this year and I took the day off so I could bring cupcakes to school and finish up last minute things for the party.   I decided to make some fun cupcakes for Ryan's class and was pretty happy with how they came out.
At 1 in the morning as I was icing the second batch of cupcakes(made 24), I was really wondering why I didn't just buy them at the store like everyone else. I was also thinking how thankful I was that Jasmine was kind enough to make some cupcakes too and I didn't have two make four batches.  When I saw how excited Ryan was though about all of the special cupcakes, I knew it was worth it!!

At the end of the school day, I headed over to the school with Grandma and Dylan for the birthday celebration with the class.  Ryan was so excited to show off all of the cupcakes and made sure that he picked out a great one for Ms. Morris.
Ms. Morris gives all the birthday kids a ribbon and Ryan kept his on until the second he got in bed.   October is the most popular birthday month so the day of the party, there were four other kids having birthday parties the same day - I don't mean to brag but Ryan's cupcakes were by far the best!!! yippee.

 Dylan insisted on sitting next to Ryan for the party, lol, and kept insisting he was in kindergarten too

 
I am really loving Ryan at this age - He loves school and is really enjoying all the new things he is learning. He is so smart and we have so many hilarious conversations.  Ryan is very inquisitive and for every question I answer, he has 5 followups.   He is the most outgoing kid I know and is not afraid to make new friends, try new things and is very adventurous.   I feel sorry for anyone that messes with him or Dylan though because he can turn very quickly.   He is really turning out to be a great kid and I am loving watching him grow up - I just wish I could slow time down a little bit.
Happy Birthday Ryan - I love you
xoxoxo

No comments: