Friday, June 15, 2012

Tooth # 2

from June 6
When we first realized that Ryan had a loose tooth, we noticed the one next to it was a little loose too.   Well, once the first one fell out, the second one started to become considerably looser.   On Sunday morning, Jay felt the tooth and said that it was getting looser and would probably fall out that week.   We went to Michael and Jasmine's that day and by the time we got home, the tooth was completely crazy.  I didn't think that there is anyway it would last through the next day and I was worried that if it fell out at school, it might get lost.   Ryan said that he didn't want me to pull it out but he would rather take it out himself - so I went to the kitchen to get a paper towel in case it started bleeding.   By the time I got back from the kitchen, Ryan was digging through his play tool box.   When I asked him what he was doing, he pulled out a pair of plastic pliers and said "I am going to pull my tooth out with this".  (should have taken a picture of that but I was laughing too hard and was too horrified at the same time to go get the camera)  Probably good that I didn't go anywhere because as Ryan tried to pull out his tooth, Dylan started to dig through the tool box too.  He pulled out the plastic hammer and said "Ryan, THIS is the tool you need.   I will help you - let me just hit you with this in your mouth and your tooth will come right out."  At that point, I decided it would be best to put the tools away and leave the tooth alone.   It fell out at school first thing on Monday.


1 comment:

grandman said...

Ryan looks great with or without front teeth! I know that most of us would not be able to pull out the tooth without being squimish - but I would bet my last dollar Dylan would have NO trouble at all. I think you have to be careful that he isnt jealous of Ryan because I can totally see him pulling out his own tooth. xoxoxoxx