I had been looking forward to Easter for exactly 365 days - Last Easter was just horrible and I really wanted this year to be fun. Luckily, the weather held up and we had sun and lots of Easter fun!!
Saturday, we did our traditional egg-dyeing and since it was nice out, we headed out to Omi and Poppy's picnic table by the spring and got ready.
The boys had a blast coloring their eggs and they definitely had very different strategies. Ryan made each of his eggs a different color and decorated them all differently. He even requested that he sit separately so he could surprise us all at the end so he had his own area, his own dye and went to work
Ryan was the creator of my FAVORITE egg, the one he proudly said he made just for me.

(My second favorite egg was made by Uncle Brian - he tried to make a Chewbacca egg since the kids are really into Star Wars now and his was definitely won the prize for most creative.)
Dylan had a very different strategy than Ryan - he wanted all of his eggs to be "Robin's eggs" and it took much convincing (and 6 eggs) to get Dylan to use a dye that wasn't blue.
In total, I think we decorated 2 or 3 dozen eggs and everyone got in on the action.
The next morning, the Easter Bunny had come and left baskets for the boys and took all of the eggs for hiding. A few hours later, Jay and the boys went to the supermarket for Omi to get some stuff for dinner and while I was inside getting snacks together, would you believe that the Easter Bunny came back and hid all of the eggs in the yard? The boys came running in to the house screaming "Quick quick we need our baskets - he was here!!!!" So we all went outside, and I tried to get a good picture of the boys before they took off but they were too excited to sit still: "Hurry up Mommy, just take the picture"
Then it was time for "Ready, set, GO!!" and off they ran!
Eggs were everywhere!! There were the hard-boiled eggs and more than 100 plastic eggs filled with chocolate, jelly beans or candy. The eggs were in places high and low, some easy to find and others hidden and once again, the boys had totally different strategies for collecting them. Ryan's goal was to get as many eggs as possible, running as fast as he could all over the yard, even using shuffle-steps when eggs were near each other, all the while keeping one eye on Dylan and where the next egg was.
Dylan quickly realized that he was not interested in the hard-boiled eggs, only in the ones with candy so he would shake each egg when he found it. If it made no noise, he often put it back on the ground and kept going or he called over to me and said "here mommy, this one is for you" lol. Each time he found a candy egg, he stopped and tried to eat all of the jelly beans. After a short time, Dylan finally realized the difference by sight and when he saw the hard-boiled eggs, he stopped even picking them up and walked right by them pretending they were not even there lol
He only deviated from the strategy a few times when he saw a really hard to get egg and took those as a challenge.
After the eggs were all found (I am pretty sure at least one is missing), Omi told each boy that she had a clue for them to a hidden Easter basket. I helped Dylan and read him his clues and Ryan read all of his himself with only a little help from Omi.


Once both baskets were found, the kids were happy to go inside and play with their new things while the rest of us got dinner ready, relaxed and just hung out. I was so happy that the weekend turned out well and most importantly, I am glad that Jay, Ryan, Dylan and I were all together and got to celebrate as a family!!!
If I do have any blog readers out there, I hope that you guys had a Happy Easter - I know we sure did!



















No comments:
Post a Comment