Friday, November 1, 2013

Ava and Ella

My beautiful nieces are finally here!!  On October 17th, at 10:36 and 10:37 am, Ava Nicole and Ella Justine officially joined our crazy family and we are all thrilled!! 
Sadly, we all couldn't be there when they were born but Grandma and Papa sent us lots of pictures from the first few days in the hospital. 
We also made sure to FaceTime with the twins as soon as possible so the four cousins could meet.   It was adorable how in to the girls the boys were although Dylan could not understand why "that one (Ella) is just laying there doing nothing" (she was sleeping).   Ryan was much more interested in them and Dylan continues to talk to them in a whole different voice every time we facetime, which he always starts off by saying "Hello little babies".  
Last Friday night after work, I flew down to Raleigh to finally meet those pretty girls (I was pretty happy to see Erika and Richie too).  Grandma and Papa watched the boys so I could go and hopefully help Erika, Richie and the girls for their first weekend at home. I have to say: Ava and Ella are the cutest baby girls I have ever seen and I love them so much.   Of course, as soon as I walked in the door, I said "Hand them over". 

I am pretty sure that for the majority of my time there, I was holding one of  them, napping with one of them, or just staring at one of them.   They are so alert and I already know, they are going to have fantastic personalities.
Friday, I got there on the late side so we just talked and relaxed.   Saturday, the girls had their first photo shoot at the house which was fun and exhausting all at the same time, but some fantastic pictures of the girls did come out of it. 
Even though I didn't do a photo shoot of my own (don't worry though, I am already thinking of ideas for a Christmas in NY photo shoot), I still think I got some pretty good shots that morning.

Sunday morning, Erika and Richie decided to take the girls out and I was SO HAPPY because:
1. It was their first real outing and I got to join.
2. It was the first time the kids went in their awesome stroller.
3.  I got to sit in the back of the car so I got another chance to take pictures and stare and marvel over how adorable and tiny Ava and Ella are.
 
4. We were taking them to one of my favorite places.
The girls first outing was shopping at Target!!!!!  We were in and out 15 minutes and one poop later, but I would say the first trip was a success.  Let this be the first of many shopping trips I get to take with the girls.  On the way back to the house, Ella slept peacefully while Ava stared out of the window.  (lots of pictures because I just couldn't decided which I like best)

When we got home, Erika fed the girls and then it was time for a quick nap before company came and the Jets game started.
When they woke up, they had a quick outfit change, then some friends came over and we all watched the game and ate - I kind of wish we all slept through the game though because the Jets got killed.
While Ella ate, Ava and I got to hang out and discuss being a Jets fan (not sure how she feels about it yet).
Before I knew it, it was Monday morning and time to go home. I tried so hard not to cry because I really didn't want to upset Erika, but it was really hard and I did cry a little (until my flight was cancelled and then it was game over).  Erika and Richie are doing such a great job working as a team and keeping it together on very little sleep and they already seem to have this parenting stuff down pat!! Ava and Ella are so lucky to have such wonderful and loving parents! 
When I left, Ava and Ella were still sleeping and even though I was petrified to wake them, I couldn't leave without sneaking in one last kiss. As I bent over the pack and play, I couldn't help but think about how much bigger they will be the next time I see them.  I am so thankful for FaceTime because I get to see the girls everyday, but unfortunately, it is just not the same - I wish we could see them in person every week.  Having said that, I have a VERY, VERY long list of things I am looking forward to doing with them and I know I am always going to have a very special bond with both of them.   The boys are really looking forward to meeting their cousins and I am counting the days until I can hug them again. 
Ava and Ella: I miss you so much already and love you tons - See you very soon!!xoxoxo
for Erika's version of the first few days, you can visit her blog here

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I LOVE this post. I LOVE the pictures. I LOVE the way you are BEAMING holding them. I am sure this is just the start of fun things with our growing family. Just wait!! So manyote great times to come. I love you all. Xxxoxx

Aunt Erika said...

We were so glad that you were able to come visit us!! The girls are so lucky to have such a cool aunt that loves them so much!! I know that there are many fun times ahead for the girls with aunt Nicole and Ryan and Dylan too! Now you understand how much Richie and I love your children!! Thank you for being a part of our first week adventures!! We love you so much! xoxo