This past Saturday, Papa and I flew down to Raleigh (and Jasmine and Michael went too but Jay couldn't join us b/c he has work and Grandma very generously agreed to watch the boys) to visit with Erika, Richie and the twins before heading to Charlotte for the Jets vs. Panthers game.
I was so happy to be traveling with Papa and not by myself because when we left home, it was snowing and I was very worried that our flight was going to get delayed or cancelled. We had a nice breakfast in the airport and after only a slight delay, we boarded our plane.

Not long after boarding, it was announced that we had too much fuel on our plane so we would need to have some fuel emptied and while that was being done, the plane was icing over and we would need to wait in line for the de-icing.

If I was not with Papa, I would have cried - I was positive that they were going to cancel our flight. After an hour, we were finally on our way and we hoped that Michael and Jasmine would be able to get out later that day! When we landed, we found out that their flight was cancelled but they got a new one thankfully. Meanwhile, Grandma and the boys were having fun back in NY.
After we arrived in Raleigh, we went to a bbq place for lunch and then went back to Erika and Richie's house to play with the kids and wait for Michael and Jasmine.

We picked up Michael and Jasmine at the airport and we went to dinner at the Nantucket Grill - it was funny for all of us to see first hand what it is like going out with the twins ("Oh, there are two of them?" "Are they twins?" "Who is older?" "Can I touch them?") We took turns holding them during dinner and I think we all couldn't wait to steal the babies from whoever had them.
Erika and Richie even got to enjoy their meal enough that Erika had her first drink in more than a year!
The next morning, Papa, Richie, Michael and I headed to Charlotte for the game while Jasmine stayed in Raleigh to help Erika with the kids. Back in New York, I don't think the boys really were missing me very much.
After about a 3 hour drive, we arrived in Charlotte and started checking out the area. We knew of a Jets tailgate but walked around for a while checking out some bars etc. before we went to Carolina Ale House for lunch.

After lunch, Michael met a Jets fan who told us to join his tailgate - they were so nice, didn't charge us to attend and had plenty to eat and drink ("you guys want some crab legs? I got a gallon of Hennessy, vodka, beer...") One of the guys there even let me sit in his cool 3 wheeled car! We stayed for about 30 minutes before heading in to the stadium.





The stadium was really nice, we had great seats and had a fun time at the game even though the Jets lost.
Sadly, Monday marked the last day of the trip for Papa and I (we flew back Monday night).

After breakfast, we headed to the mall so we could join the girls on their first trip to see Santa!

I am not sure what the girls asked for, but they seemed to like Santa right from the start!!


I am always so so sad to leave NC and now that the girls are here, it is even harder. At least this time, I have something to look forward too - Erika and Richie will be coming to NY with Ava in Ella in a few days and will spend a week here!!! I can't wait for them to come and I am so so excited for the boys to meet their cousins for the first time!!
note: while on the trip, I realized my pictures were significantly worse than everyone else's (some of the pictures on here are taken from others) and I was finally prompted to upgrade my phone to the iPhone 5S when I got back - I LOVE IT!! so much better










1 comment:
thanks again Nicole for starting my day with a smile - I love looking at these pictures xxoxox
Post a Comment