For sure, yesterday was my favorite Jets game I have gone to this year - Ryan came with me and we had a great time!
It was the coldest game so far this year but that didn't stop us - we each put on our long johns, pajama bottoms and pants (Ryan even wore snow pants) and I think we each had 6 top layers on top which Ryan though was hilarious.
We took the bus to the game and after we arrived at the stadium, we started to walk through the parking lot and we passed The Aviators (the drummers for the Jets). After watching them perform for a while, one of them was nice enough to let Ryan join in!
While we were on the bus to the stadium, Ryan said he was not sure going to the game was a good idea - he was worried about Dylan and Jay having more fun at home even though he was excited to go to the game. That all changed though as soon as we got to the kids zone!

The kids zone is open until a half hour before kick off and I had never been there before - I didn't even tell Ryan about it in advance just in case we got there too late. As soon as he saw the bounce castles, he turned around, hugged me and said "Mommy, it was an AWESOME idea to come here today!" and I was so happy. There were two different bouncy castles but instead of being typical castles, they were set like football drills with tackling dummies, ladder climbs etc. I think Ryan probably did each one at least 25 times and I have no idea how he was able to go so fast with all of his layers on!
He loved racing the other kids and was so excited when he beat this boy, who wasn't even paying attention which Ryan thought was so funny ("Did you see I beat him by a lot? He didn't even know when to start?")


We were even able to get some face painting - we both got a Jets Santa and Ryan got a Jets symbol on his other cheek. That didn't stop him from putting on eye black stickers later.

As the Kids Fest was closing down, we got ready to head in to the stadium but made one final stop to write a message on the Jets board.
Ryan was very excited to hang out with Papa and Uncle Michael and did pretty good paying attention until about the 3rd quarter.
For most of the 3rd quarter, he fooled around, ate and played the iPhone, but then it started to snow a bit and he got really excited, claiming "It is about to get ridiculous here!"

I think he thought that is was going to snow as much as it did at the Philadelphia/Detroit game that day
While it didn't snow that much, it was enough to cover the ground which made Ryan happy. Ryan was definitely good luck because the Jets won 37-27. On the way out, Ryan wanted his picture taken near the Jets helmet ice sculpture we saw being carved in the parking lot earlier, and was thrilled when we won some bobbleheads at a giveaway while exiting the stadium.

He was so excited about the bobbleheads that he insisted we go in the snow right after the game to claim them from PC Richards and he gave all the guys in the family a bobblehead for Christmas.

I had such a great day hanging out with Ryan and I hope we will get to go to a lot more games together!! Next time, everyone will have to go!!









1 comment:
lol - it doesn't look like he can move - he has so many layers on
Post a Comment