Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Daddy's Day

Jay usually has off one weekday and one day on the weekend. While we were dating, I hated this because I wanted more time together. While I still want more time together, I have come to appreciate some things about this schedule. It gives me one day a week of "alone time" with Ryan and it gives Jay one day. I think that it is rare that kids at this age get a lot of alone time to bond with their Dad and Ryan is lucky that he and Jay get that chance. When Jay calls me on his day to say "Guess what Ryan just did?" I love it and while I am glad they are enjoying their day, I of course wish I was there. So I don't feel like I'm missing out, Jay always sends me pictures via camera phone of Ryan while I am at work and I do the same for him on my day. I love getting the pictures while I am sitting at my desk, and they always make me laugh. While he is really good about taking camera phone pictures, Jay rarely takes pictures with the real camera. He did bring the camera out with him today, simply because he knew it would make me happy. It did make me happy and this is my favorite from the day, but what really made me happy is knowing how much fun Ryan has on "Daddy's Day"

No comments: