Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rhino in the Museum

There are many times that I wish we lived in a house. I can't wait for the day that we have a backyard, that we don't have to go to the laundry room to do the wash, that we can have a home-grilled steak anytime we want.... the list goes on. At the same time, there are things that I love about living in New York City, and one of them is the experiences Ryan has as a result of living here. While Ryan is still too young to understand, he has already done more in his life than a lot of adults will ever have the chance to do. I feel fortunate that we can give Ryan the opportunity to do so much and even though he won't remember any of it, you better believe that I will have enough pictures to document everything!

Ryan took his first trip to a museum this weekend. Jay, Ryan and I went to the American Museum of Natural History with Grandma and Grandpa, Michael and Jasmine. I thought that the most interesting exhibit for Ryan would be Fossil Hall, which is where they keep all of the dinosaur bones and other fossils.
I would like to tell you that Ryan studied the bones behind him in the picture before moving on to the next display case, but really he was playing hide and go seek with Grandma and just saw where she was hiding. I am sure there are other people who play hide and go seek in a museum, right??
Being the picture freak I am, before we even got to the museum, I was really looking forward to getting a picture of Ryan in front of the rhinoceros, figuring that could be the new banner for this blog. Here is the best picture I got:

Oh well. I still have to download more pictures from the day. I think that we will wait a while before we go to the next museum since Ryan spent more time eating and sleeping than he did looking around.

No comments: