Next, we tried to do another finger painting project. That was a disaster, so much so that I don't even have pictures of it. I then decided we should bake something. I am sure that I got the idea from my dad, who the day before said that he was going to make bread, and lucky for me, we had a box of Monkey Bread mix in the cabinet (from Williams-Sonoma). I didn't have high hopes for Ryan's first baking experience, but to my surprise, I really had fun making the bread with Ryan and he loved it too.



He was very patient waiting for the bread to bake and kept blowing on the oven to let me know it was hot.


While the bread was baking, Ryan helped me get some laundry done. Grandma recently got Ryan a shopping cart, which he loves pushing around the apartment, and he insisted on bringing it with us to the laundry room. Once in the laundry room though, Ryan really wanted to help me.


I really brought the camera down to take pictures of Ryan pushing the wagon, but these pictures were cuter.
Finally, our bread was done and time to taste it.

Review of WilliamSonoma Monkey Bread: It is disgusting. You are supposed to bake it not as a loaf, but in pieces - it would have been better as a loaf. Also, you are supposed to cover each piece in a sugar mix, but halfway through the dough, we ran out of the sugar. The pieces with no sugar were too boring and the pieces with the sugar were too crunchy. My recommendations if you plan to make this bread: Make it as a loaf of bread and use the sugar mix on top of the loaf. Either that or make something else.
2 comments:
I need to do laundry and was planning on baking some loafs of bread this weekend - can Ryan help?
The two top laundry pictures are the best ones. Very cute baby!!!!
I definetely dont want to eat the bread - but I feel like eating the little boy. Ryan probably could have baked the bread without moms help and it would have been perfect! xoxox Grandma
Post a Comment