Monday, March 17, 2008

My sand castle is better than your sand castle

I was told by a four year old yesterday that I am not very good at making sand castles. It was so nice out yesterday so Ryan and I went to find something fun to do outside. I found a great park right between the river and the West Side highway and one of the best things about it was the big sand box. Ryan has only been in a sand box once before, but he jumped right in and started shoveling. He has never held a shovel before and somehow knew exactly what to do (ok, he was holding the shovel upside down at first but knew what he was supposed to do with it). We must have played in the sand for more than an hour, filling up the buckets and making a castle. I was shocked that Ryan didn't kick the castle down, but instead put leaves on top of it to decorate it.


After spending the whole day outside, I can't wait for Spring.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the banging on the pail with the shovel makes me crack up - that is so typical Ryan to just bang as hard as a nut - I watched it many times and just laugh and laugh thinking about him - I love him very much xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I wonder who the anonymous poster is that loves Ryan? I will not sleep until I solve this mystery. The video was longer this time, but I think you still need some work Nicole. Very cute pictures though.