Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tattletale

Ryan is a tattletale. We were eating dinner at Jay's parents house for Brian's birthday and Ryan was playing on the floor. He started playing with something that he shouldn't and Amanda, Brian's girlfriend, told Ryan that he shouldn't play with it or he might get hurt. She was completely right and if I saw him doing it first, I would have told him the same thing. Well, Ryan stood up, stared her down, and came running over to me saying "mama, mama". I said, "Yes, Ryan, what do you need?" and he started talking a mile a minute saying who-knows-what but I am pretty sure he was telling on Amanda. How do I know that? As he was talking, he pointed right at Amanda, then pointed at what he was playing with and back at Amanda. It was so obvious what he was saying and while I tried not to laugh at what a snitch he was, it amazed me how much he really is able to communicate without using real words.