Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Celebrating the Bride-to-be in Raleigh, N.C.

This past weekend, Ryan and I went with Grandma, Aunt Carrie and Tracy to Raleigh to see Aunt Erika. The July 12th wedding is fast approaching and there is nothing to get you more in the mood for a wedding than a bridal shower and bachelorette party. We were lucky enough to be able to host the shower on Saturday at Erika's good friend Mandy's beautiful house and I think that everyone had a great time (Kelly, Mandy and Tracy - if you are reading this, you guys are the best!) It was so great to meet some of Erika's friends and see Erika so happy.

After the shower and a little rest, we got ready for the bachelorette party. I loved hanging out with all of the girls but I was reminded how old and lame I am getting when I tried to do a shot with Erika and instead threw half of it in my face. Yep, I am that cool. I think that we were all very thankful when grandma took Ryan for breakfast and let us all sleep for another 2 hours.

Ryan's new word from our trip? "Emmy" which means airplane. I can get him to say air and I can get him to say port, as in airport, but as soon as I say plane or airplane, he says Emmy. Grandma thinks it is the funniest thing and I am pretty sure she bought him a toy airplane at the airport just so he would keep saying it. Interesting that they sell United planes in the American terminal.

When we got back from NC, Michael said that it is time for me to start practicing for the wedding with with Ryan so that he will be able to carry out his Ring Bearer duties. Good thing we still have three months to go - practice did not go too well but that could be partly because we used a big bird lunch box as the ring pillow. Erika, any chance you want to use that at the wedding?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole - I want to thank you so much for putting so much thought and love into Erikas shower. You made it very special and a lot of fun! All of the bridesmaids did a great job. It made me happy to see how much Erika is loved. I also enjoyed spending time with Ryan and Ryan and I laughed so much on the ride home on the "emmy" he spit up a little laughing so hard. I cant wait for the emmy ride to vegas!