Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Go put your shirt away

Last night, we were getting ready for bedtime and Jay was helping Ryan put on his pajamas in the living room. After his pjs were on, Ryan was standing there holding his shirt and jeans and Jay said "Ryan, can you help Daddy and put those away?". Ryan ran out of the room and came back a few minutes later without the jeans or the shirt. We have told Ryan before to put his toys away, but never really his clothes so we were interested to see where he put them. I was pretty sure we were going to find them on the floor. Instead, we found


Maybe they were in the wrong drawer, but I was so proud of Ryan that he tried to put them away. Jay said that he did a better job than I do with my clothes.
(on a side note, the only drawer that Ryan really knows well is the bib/sock drawer. I don't know why I have those two things together so don't ask. Cute story about the socks: I was getting ready one morning and Ryan brought me my shoes and I told him, I have to put my socks on first. A few seconds later, he came back smiling and gave me a pair of his socks. Story about bibs: I don't know why but we start calling the bibs "bibbies" and if we tell Ryan, "Time to eat, go get your bibby", he will go in his room and get one not just for himself, but for everyone else too)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he is a genius. he brought me a bib the other day too when you told him that he was going to eat with me.