Sunday, April 6, 2008

Strength

I have talked before about how strong Ryan is and how it never ceases to amaze us. Yesterday, Ryan and I went to meet Jay at work and had some time to kill so we found a park in Stamford (CT) and played there for a while. All the big kids wanted to hang from the rings and swing - Ryan watched them for a while, and then walked over and tried to hang too. Ryan just has no fear: he has only seen rings like this once before and all of the kids playing on them were at least 3 years older than him. Ryan was too short to reach the rings so I lifted him up, but I let go to see if he could hold himself. I was standing right there and really didn't think Ryan could hold on, but amazingly:
he could. He held on for about a minute before it became obvious he was going to slip, so I took him off before he fell. He took a rest for about 30 seconds before he said "up-a, up-a" (up) and pointed up to the rings. He did it about 5 more times and had a blast. I guess the day at the park tired him out because he took a 3 hour nap today - i will have to remember that park!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this little cuckoo kid has strength and determination to do EVERYTHING his way!! Thats just one little reason that I love him so much xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

that's the best post out of all of them so far I think!I cracked up laughing looking at that. Ryan is the man.