Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple picking

Today, we went today to Fishkill Farms with Omi to do some apple picking. Last year, Ryan, Jay and I went apple picking with my family and had a great time, so I was really looking forward to doing it again this year. I love fall and I think that besides football and trick-or-treating, apple picking is one of the most fun fall activities. For the first 45 minutes we were at the apple orchard, Ryan clearly did not agree. He loved the orchard last year so I am not sure why he wanted no part of it this year - he was so adamant about not participating that he didn't want anyone else to either and spent 20 minutes yelling at me "mommy, drop it" every time I picked up an apple.
I finally got him to see the light when I said that we should hide from daddy in a tree and throw apples at him.
Reason #541 why I love my husband: He lets us peg him with apples.
Reason #542: He knows how much I love a "good" family picture everywhere we go and will do anything to help me get one, including bribing Ryan.
Once Ryan had that dollar tucked safely in his pocket, he was all smiles the rest of the day and even ate his fair share of apples and apple cider donuts. Yummy!
And in true Ryan fashion, no matter where we are, he always is able to find the messiest thing to play with. In the dictionary, right next to the word boy, I think they should put these pictures:

No comments: