Friday, October 24, 2008

I don't want to sleep

Last night, Ryan ABSOLUTELY did not want to go to bed. He came up with every possible reason why he could not go to sleep. This kid is such a genius that he knows only certain things will get me to come back in his room and here are just some of the things he said (and my replies):
"Mommy more cover" so I put on an extra cover and left
"Music on" - "it is on Ryan, go to sleep"
"sun, ice" - "We already sang Mr. Sun and Edelweiss 20 times, it is sleepy time"
"Poopoos - new diapa" - "No Ryan, you don't have poops and I just changed your diaper, go to sleep"
"peepee potty" - "you don't have to go peepee and you hate the potty. Good night"
"Gamma car - out window" - "No Ryan, Grandma's car is not out the window"
"Boogas" - "Ok ryan, let's blow your nose. No, you can't sleep with your boogie tissue"
"more boogies" - "well if you stop crying, you won't have more boogies"

After an hour of this and 20 other excuses, Ryan finally went to sleep and at 9:15, I finally sat down, ate my dinner and updated this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry - but I believe every single one of those excuses - my grandson knows what he wants!!!