
Knowing he would be hot and we would probably take his top off, we put him in a Halloween shirt underneath his costume and frankly, I think the shirt was more appropriate anyway.

We had brought one of Ryan's jack-o-lantern trick-or-treat baskets with us because if they were giving out candy, I wanted him to have someplace to put it. As we were leaving, each child received a treat and Ryan was SUPER excited about it even though he obviously had no idea what it was. I told him to go over to the teacher and say "Trick-or-treat" and she would put something in his basket and he came running right back to us to show us what he got. We decided to walk the 20 blocks home (Ryan was in the stroller) after the party and Ryan would not let go of his basket the whole way home.
At one point I asked him if I could hold the basket so he could rest and he said "No, I got it". If that wasn't funny enough, a few blocks later we asked him if he wanted to have some fruit snacks and he said yes so I said "let's trade. I will hold your basket and give you the fruit snacks". He looked at me, thought about it for a minute and then took his treat out of his basket, tucked it under his arm and handed me the empty basket and said "snack please". Hilarious that he thought I might take his treat and brilliant that he knew to take it out so I couldn't get it. Guess this means he is not going to share any candy he gets tomorrow.
1 comment:
I knew that I always loved monkeys - but that little boy is the cutest monkey I ever saw!! Someone should let me keep him - he makes me very happy!! xxoxox
Post a Comment