1. Ryan probably watches more tv than he should but some of the shows are educational and Ryan seems to be learning some things from them. Sort of. For example, the other day, Ryan was jumping from couch to couch yelling "Say Stupid, Say stupid" and I couldn't figure out where he learned that. I finally realized he was trying to say "Say Sube!" which Diego always says when he climbs up something, which is pretty much every episode. (sube is spanish for to go up)
2. Ryan is not happy when his tv turn is over. As soon as we turn off cartoons, he promptly declares "No no, I don't like peoples" - peoples being any non-animated tv show.
3. Ryan has been working on his jumping lately. I would say he should probably hold off on the hurdles for a while
4. Sometimes, I think that Ryan is going to have a tough time with the new baby and getting used to me being around, but not necessarily there for him. My last day of work was Tuesday and on Thursday, I went with Ryan and Elizabeth to see what story time at the library was like. When we got there, I planned to drop stuff off at the Salvation Army (2 doors down) and told Ryan I would be right back. When I came back 5 minutes later, Ryan and Elizabeth were outside waiting for me and Ryan was crying. When I asked why they were waiting, Ryan said "Ryan screaming" so I asked why he was screaming and he said "Ryan so, so, so, so, so sad mommy. Mommy Ryan best friend. Mommy no go byebye. Bebet go byebye" In some ways it was adorable and I love that he says I am his best friend and that he wanted to spend time with me, but it also made me feel sad for him that soon he will have to share my time and Jay's with the new baby.
5. On the other hand, it seems that Ryan is getting very excited about becoming a brother - too bad I don't really think he knows what that means. This weekend, Jay and I tried to finish up final preparations for the new baby and Ryan was very excited to help. He wanted to help wash all of the baby clothes, "helped" Jay put the baby swing together and even practiced swinging the "baby" (a stuffed dog) by pushing the swing since there were no batteries in it. I remember when Ryan was a baby, he never wanted to sleep and the only way to get him to sleep was to rock him. As soon as you would put him down though, Ryan would wake up and one of the few ways to get him to stay sleeping was to put him in the swing. My dad often said he didn't like the swing because he thought that it went too fast and rocked the baby too hard. If he didn't like it before, my dad definitely won't like it now since Ryan's version of "gently" pushing the swing is basically the highest level and then some. As soon as Elizabeth got to the house this morning Ryan couldn't wait to tell her all about his weekend and said "Bebet, baby is coming. I brother" and proceeded to tell her about the swing, the clothes etc and that "Swing baby - Ryan too big, I brother".
2 comments:
These are my favorite videos yet! The second one is great because it is longer and I can't believe he built it back up again all by himself! Genious!
The first one is hilarious because you can hear him panting like a dog! Very cute!
I love the running start!!
Post a Comment