After having breakfast at Erika and Richie's house, we headed over to Frankie's for some Go-Kart rides, bumper boats and arcade games. We let Ryan pick what he wanted to do first and of course, he picked go-karts as soon as he saw them. After some initial disappointment over not being able to ride in a black car (only the yellows were 2-seaters), he got all strapped in and announced he was going to race Richie. On your marks, get set, race...
Next, we moved over to the bumper boats. Richie, Ryan and I went on the ride and I would like to make the following points:
- I told Richie not to spray me because I straightened my hair that morning and didn't want it to look crazy - he didn't listen.
- I am the worst bumper boat driver ever - Ryan did much better than I did! He kept screaming "Mommy, Richie's behind you!!" lol
- 5 minutes is a very long time to be in a bumper boat especially when you are terrible at steering and don't want to get wet.
- Ryan does not make a good shield against water attacks (what kind of parent am I that I use my son as a shield? At least he liked getting wet)
5. Did I mention I stink at driving a bumper boat? Even Dylan laughed at my lack of skills
After we enjoyed all of the outside activities, we headed inside for some games and other rides, specifically The Drop Zone. The Drop Zone is basically a free-fall/bungee jumping combination - you are pulled in a chair to the top of a beam and then dropped free-fall style and bounced thereafter like on a bungee. Ryan laughed the entire time and I think Erika probably laughed even harder just laughing at Ryan.
"Eka, we need get off now??"
I think the ride operator felt sorry for us because Ryan once again threw a fit that he didn't want to get off so he let Erika and Ryan go again - I think that Ryan would have stayed bouncing all day if we let him. After a few hours at Frankie's, we headed back to the house to try to get naps in before the ball game since we knew it was going to be a long night. When everyone woke up, we headed over to the Durham Bulls Athletic Park to watch the USA vs. Guatemala minor league baseball teams play (we won 18-1!!). The athletic park is terrific - it is totally geared towards families (we were even able to bring the stroller in) and there are a lot of things for kids to do inside besides watch the game.
When we entered the stadium, we were greeted by the Bull's mascot, Wool E. Bull and Ryan got very shy and didn't want to go near him. Later on, he told me that he wanted to meet "Wooly Bully" and he wouldn't be shy so I took him down to the store where Wooly was and Ryan still really didn't want the bull to touch him.
Can't you just see him thinking "Get off me"? While we were in the team shop, I told Ryan he could pick something out and that he needed to pick something out for Dylan too. Ryan got this:
3 comments:
I lauged out loud when I saw the Dylan picture with the little hat. Very funny!! Ryan knows how to pick gifts for people very well.
I had the same exact reaction as Michael! I immediately laughed too. Then I kept looking at those "gorgolus" children. All of my children and grandchildren are the best - everyone ALWAYS says that and they are 100% right! xoxox gamma
We had so much fun and can't wait until you come back again soon!!! xoxo
Post a Comment