Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Who better to wish you a Happy 2011 than these handsome party animals??

We spent New Years Eve at Grandma and Papa's and despite everyone's best attempts to stay up until midnight, the boys fell asleep around 10 and so did Grandma and I (although Grandma and I woke up to watch the countdown). The kids had fun playing around with the hats, blowers and glasses that Grandma got, while the rest of us were content to just keep eating.


I have had a hard time figuring out what to write in this post: Should I post a list of my New Year's resolutions? Well, the list is too long and this blog is not about me. Instead, I decided to ask Ryan what his resolution was - Jay explained the concept to him and Ryan said his resolution was "Playing" - guess the concept didn't really sink in. He later added that he thought a good "alution" would be "no watching tv if either of us hit, right Dylan?". Still not quite right, but moving in the right direction I guess.

After reflecting on the last year and looking ahead to this year, I guess all I really want to say is: I feel very lucky for what I have in life and am extremely hopeful for 2011 - "We will open the book. Its pages are blank and we will put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day" New Years brings the hope of new possibilities, a time for fresh starts. I think it is going to be a big year for all of us (my family, Jay's and anyone else who may be reading this), filled with love, luck, health and success.

Wishing all of you a very wonderful New Year filled with health, happiness and all of your hopes come true!!
xoxooxxo

2 comments:

Aunt erika said...

We love you guys very much! Xoxo very good post Nicole! Happy 2011!

Anonymous said...

And what a party it was! with most of my favorite people - Erika, Richie and Jay you missed the fun. Next year I hope to buy more hats, blowers and party food and hope we ALL will be there. I know that this year will be the best so far for all of us! xooxxxx mom