Friday, February 25, 2011

Ryan - Five Friday Funnies

Ryan,

Man, have you turned out to be a funny boy.  You are creative, imaginative and a true negotiator.  Every day, you make me laugh .  I could listen you play with your superheros for hours - you boss them around, come up with amazing adventures for them, and you make almost of the bad guys be good.  You are super talkative, just like your mama - we could be in the car for hours and you never stop talking.  I have not written a Friday Funnies in a long time so here are some to kick off the weekend:
1.   You did something bad the other day and I knew it the second I walked in the house because you were waiting for me at the door with a pouty face and a sad voice.  I asked you what was the matter and you said nothing so I said "Maybe I should ask Elizabeth."  Your response?  "Elizabeth, can I talk to you for a minute?"  You whispered in her ear and I asked what you talking about.  Your said "Oh, nothing.  Just talking about what we are going to do tomorrow"  (you asked her not to tell me what you did)
2.  We went to Woodbury Commons the other day and Grandma met us. When Grandma left to go home, she told us she was going to one more store and she went one way and we went the other. When we passed the store Grandma went in, you asked if we could go in and see if she was still there.   I said ok and you walked right in and up to the saleswoman and you said "Excuse miss, but did you see my friend?  Her name is Grandma and this is her favorite store"
3.  You were looking for a bag that had trains in it.  You knew exactly what the bag looked like, exactly what was in it and exactly where you left it.   Daddy said that maybe you were mistaken and that you left at Grandmas and you turned right around and said "I left it right here.  I don't believe a bag can walk and a bag doesn't have legs so it can not be at Grandmas and I am very upset about this"
4.  Your favorite expressions lately are "Are you for real?",  "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", and "This is going to knock your socks off".
5. You are able to unlock the apartment door by yourself and you know you are not supposed to open it for strangers but you let our neighbor in the other day while I was in the bathroom so I told you that from now on, you are only allowed to open the door for mommy or daddy unless it is a real emergency and that if anyone knocks at the door and we don't hear, you have to come tell us.  Without hesitation you said "Well, what if I am at Grandma and Papa's house and they are in the attic with Michael and there is glass up there and Max is at the door with a present for me.  Can I open the door then?"

I love you funny boy
xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

aunt erika said...

These are really great pictures of him! You are an excellent writer Nicole, and an awesome mom. I am very proud that you are my sister. xoxo

grandma said...

Grandma also has a funny story.....last Friday when I picked up Ryan from school, we were walking home and all of a sudden Ryan started "hitting" me and saying "grandma - why are you hitting yourself" I started to laugh because I instantly remembered that all kids do that but they are supposed to hit themselves and say why am I hitting myself.... a little backwards but it sure brought back memories when mommy did the same thing.
xoxoxoxxx

grandma said...

oops - I just remembered - you are supposed to take the other persons hands and make them hit themselves and say why are you hitting yourself????? lol Me and Ryan always make up our own rules anyway xoxoxoxx

uncle michael said...

He also says now, "Michael...you just fell for the oldest trick in the book."

I said that expression once, months ago, and he still remembers it. He has a memory like an elephant. And it is amazing that he knows how and when to use so many expressions.