I have never been a fan of New Year's Eve - it always seems like I end up thinking about being another year older, all of the things I wanted to do that I didn't, resolutions that I didn't meet etc. This New Year's Eve was different though- I decided to leave 2011 behind and not dwell too much. January 1, 2012 is a fresh start and brings 365 days worth of opportunities to have fun, be happy and fulfill some goals.
Like every other year since I have had this blog, two of my goals for the coming year is to be more consistent with writing on the blog and improve my photography. My amazing new laptop will definitely help with that and so should the 52 week project I have decided to do. After following some photography blogs last year, I have convinced my sister and cousin to create blogs and join me in this project - for each week this year, we will have a theme and will post our photo interpretation of the theme.
Welcome to the 52 week project Week 1 - New Year
Wishing you all a New Year filled with love, luck, health and happiness
Wishing you all a New Year filled with love, luck, health and happiness
I hope that you will follow along with my project and I also recommend you follow Erika
and Karen's blogs and see what they come up with each week. Also, I hope that we will all stick with the project because I think it will be fun and I am selfishly happy to have other blogs to read.
And because I can't just post one picture - here are some more. We had a pretty fun new year's eve - we spent the night with Grandma and Papa (who were nice enough to watch the boys so Jay and I could go to Michael and Jasmine's house for a bit) and the boys were still awake for the countdown.







You would have never known that it was midnight by how wild and wide-awake the kids were and the only reason they finally went to bed is because we made them.
As for the New Year's photo shoot for week 1 of our project- I had come up with the idea almost immediately after I convinced E and K to do the project with me. I thought that we got some pretty cute shots from the day




We also got some pretty good outtakes - can you spot the problem? lol
Of everyone, Dylan hated the photo shoot the most - he wanted no part of it until he realized that he could throw his frame when I walked away and that he would get a reaction from everyone.

It is amazing that the frame did not break but when I saw how hard he laughed and how funny he thought it was, it was hard not to laugh too. Also, I am positive that this was not the first and will not be the last thing he tries to break this year
and with that, 2012 - Here we come!!
Happy New Year
and Karen's blogs and see what they come up with each week. Also, I hope that we will all stick with the project because I think it will be fun and I am selfishly happy to have other blogs to read.
And because I can't just post one picture - here are some more. We had a pretty fun new year's eve - we spent the night with Grandma and Papa (who were nice enough to watch the boys so Jay and I could go to Michael and Jasmine's house for a bit) and the boys were still awake for the countdown.
You would have never known that it was midnight by how wild and wide-awake the kids were and the only reason they finally went to bed is because we made them.
As for the New Year's photo shoot for week 1 of our project- I had come up with the idea almost immediately after I convinced E and K to do the project with me. I thought that we got some pretty cute shots from the day




(wish i could figure out how to put these side-by-side)
We also got some pretty good outtakes - can you spot the problem? lol
Of everyone, Dylan hated the photo shoot the most - he wanted no part of it until he realized that he could throw his frame when I walked away and that he would get a reaction from everyone.
It is amazing that the frame did not break but when I saw how hard he laughed and how funny he thought it was, it was hard not to laugh too. Also, I am positive that this was not the first and will not be the last thing he tries to break this year
and with that, 2012 - Here we come!!
Happy New Year



3 comments:
Love the "0" picture of Dylan. Lighting is nice.
those little boys kept the party going. They seemed to get more and more energy as the night went on. Me and Papa had a great New Years Eve partying with two of our favorite people. Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone in our hearts!! xoxoxx Papa and Grandma
Great photo to start the new year!
Post a Comment