The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour
-Author Unknown

Back in February when we went to visit Erika and Richie, they took us to Wilmington for the day and it was wonderful. We went to the aquarium at Fort Fisher and while we were on the way there, we passed a pathway along a beach and I begged everyone to please stop so we could take some pictures. I was so glad that after the aquarium, they indulged me. The aquarium itself was pretty and peaceful and we had a nice time exploring the grounds and enjoying the beautiful weather.
The beach stop though was my favorite part of the day. It was hardly occupied, very peaceful and beautifully
Scenic
Back in February when we went to visit Erika and Richie, they took us to Wilmington for the day and it was wonderful. We went to the aquarium at Fort Fisher and while we were on the way there, we passed a pathway along a beach and I begged everyone to please stop so we could take some pictures. I was so glad that after the aquarium, they indulged me. The aquarium itself was pretty and peaceful and we had a nice time exploring the grounds and enjoying the beautiful weather.
The beach stop though was my favorite part of the day. It was hardly occupied, very peaceful and beautifullyScenic
When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised by the unique trees, big sculptures, and even paths to run through in a big brush area, all of which we could not see from the car. As soon as we took the kids out of the car, they were off running.
I wish I had a chair and could have sat there for longer: just catching up with Erika and Richie, watching the kids run around in the sand and listening to the waves. I was so sad when it was time to leave but we had to head on to our next destination, the downtown area.
We had some lunch in Wilmington and walked along the Cape Fear River for a little bit and continued enjoying the beautiful day.
As much as I love Raleigh and all that there is to do there, I have really enjoyed that on my last two trips to see Erika and Richie, I have gotten to see other parts of North Carolina. I really appreciate that Erika and Richie want to show us things and I can't wait to see where they take us next trip.




1 comment:
This was such a fun day and we lucked out with beautiful weather!! These are some of my favorite pictures, but the last one is really terrific!! It will be such a cool picture for the boys to see when they are older! :)
We will have to start thinking about where we will go next! xoxo
Post a Comment