Friday, June 1, 2012

Fright Night Weekend 2011

From November 1, 2011 - pictures just uploaded
Halloween weekend was jam-packed with events this year.  Both boys had Halloween parties at their schools, our community had a party and of course, the highlight was trick-or-treating.

Halloween got its own post so this will recap our events leading up to the 31st.   The boys have a bunch of dress up clothes so it was kind of neat, they got to wear a different outfit to each event we went to and I didn't have to spend any nights worrying about how I could get taffy out of Batman's cape by the next morning.  First up was a party at Dylan's school on Friday afternoon that Grandma took the boys to.  I got there late and really didn't take many pictures but the boys had a good time singing songs, playing in the obstacle course and running around playing.

On Saturday the 29th, we met up with two of Ryan's friends from school, John and Jack, and we all headed over to PS 40's Fright Night.   
 
We got there a few minutes before the event started so we were lucky enough to be able to take pictures and play a few games before it got too crowded .
Not sure where John was when we took the pictures, but I am glad that we were able to get one of Ryan and Jack.  I am so glad that Ryan has so many school friends now and we are so lucky that we all live so close to each other. It was pretty funny that both Ryan and Jack showed up that night with green hair and it was totally not planned.  The boys thought it was hysterical!
The boys all played games, we went through the haunted house twice, they did some bookmark projects and we all had a bite to eat before heading home. 
 
 
It was a fun time but after about two hours, the party was very crowded and we all had enough plus it was pouring out and very windy and I think we were all ready to get home and in to our pjs. 
The next day (Sunday) was the big STown Halloween party.   Grandma and Papa came down for a few hours and we took the kids to the park and they got to paint pumpkins, watch a "magician" (don't think he did any magic) and listen to a band for a bit.



After lunch, Papa and Grandma left and we took the boys back down to the Oval so they could go on the hayrides and play the carnival games.   A bunch of the coaches from soccer were at the event so the kids got extra handfuls of candy!
 We definitely had a fun weekend and the boys have already started discussing what they want to be next year - I know that they will change their minds a million times between now though so I probably should start keeping my eye out for costumes on sale.   We can never have enough dress up clothes.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

1 comment:

Erika H said...

Arrrgghh!! The pirate costumes are my favorite! You look very pretty in these pictures. If Ryan and Dylan came trick-or-treating at my house, I would give them all of my candy!!! xoxo