When Ryan told us a few months ago that his class at school was taking "Circus Arts", I have to admit the first thing I thought was "What kind of school are we sending him to?" After seeing his Circus performance today, I am so glad he had the chance to take such a fun class. The show was adorable, hilarious and Ryan was wonderful!!
Ryan did not tell us anything about the show- how the class prepared for it or what exactly his role was so you can imagine our surprise when we sat in my seat and looked across the row and saw the CUTEST clown we have ever seen!
Ryan never told us that he had a costume (he said his costume was that he needed to wear a solid shirt) or that he was wearing makeup (which he reminded me multiple times tonight was not makeup, but was actually face paint).
All four 1st grade classes participated in the Circus and there were 14 different acts - ribbon twirlers, feather balancers, platter spinners, hula hoopers and robots to name a few.

Finally, halfway through the show, it was Ryan's groups turn: The Strongest Clown and the Roustabouts
In the Routabout skit, the circus workers (roustabouts) are being disruptive to the strongest woman who is practicing weightlifting. She would ask them "What are you doing?" to which they answered "We are hammering", "we are dancing" "we are pulling rope" or "We are shoveling elephant poo" lol. The strong woman would say "You can't do that here" and the boys would answer "We can't do that here? Soooorrrryy" before they would dance off to Gangnam Style to a different spot.
It was so obvious that the kids were really enjoying themselves and it was definitely a great role for Ryan - the sillier you were, the better!
Ryan - you were the cutest clown and we are all so proud of you. Your dance moves were fantastic and we loved that you smiled and looked so happy the whole time. When we left, I asked Dylan what he thought of the circus and he said "That was wonderful - I think Ryan was 100 thumbs up!!"
Daddy and I couldn't agree more - Great job Ryan!! If you get to do a circus show again in second grade, I promise we will all be in the first row cheering for you.


1 comment:
this may be the best blog ever! I was smiling from the first second to the last and wanted to see more! great way to start the morning - he is the cutest - happiest clown in EVERY single picture - I LOVE IT - just wish I got to see it in person - next year
xoxoxxx
Post a Comment