Both Jay and I had off today for Labor Day and it was beautiful out - what a perfect day for the end of summer. We decided to stay in the city but head over to my favorite park on the west side - on a clear day, you can even see the Statue of Liberty from there. We didn't realize it would be so warm out though and when we got there, the sprinkler was on and we had no bathing suit for Ryan. Luckily, I had brought extra clothes with us in case he got sandy so we just let him run and have fun.
After the last time we came to the park, I knew there is often a battle in the sandbox for the shovels and pails, so we brought Ryan's from home so that he wouldn't have to wait for a turn.


He was more than happy though to "trade" his pail with another kid for the no-wheeled truck below that he pushed around for hours.

After a day of fun in the sun, sand and sprinkler, we said goodbye to summer and hello to fall. The summer sure flew by, didn't it?
1 comment:
I love the picture of Jay and Ryan on the playground!
Post a Comment