Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gymboree

I signed Ryan up a few weeks ago for a Gymboree class on Saturday mornings. The class is called Family play and each week, the format changes between music, art and gym. Before we joined the class, we took a trial and immediately upon walking in, I knew I wanted to sign Ryan up - he started jumping up and down as soon as he saw the place and had a blast playing with everything there. The gym set-up changes every two weeks, but there are always slides, climbing structures and balls all over to play with.
There are two teachers for the class and Ryan's favorite is Mr. Moe. Ryan talks about him all the time - not really about him, but he now calls all of Gymboree Mr. Moe.
(the guy in the red shirt is Mr. Moe)
Ryan's favorite part is gym time and by the end of class, he is always sweating so much, he looks like he just got out of the bath.
I know the quality of this picture is not good (Ryan just jumped off the thing behind him), but you can see how sweaty he his by his crazy hair.
Art day is usually a disaster because Ryan always wants to get up and walk around and play with other things in the room. This past Saturday however, he really listened and sat in his chair the whole class and followed the directions. I was very proud of him and I was glad that he completed his art project almost entirely by himself (I did his project the first week).
Ryan loves going to Gymboree and I think the class structure is helping him learn to follow instructions, share more and how to play nicely with other kids. Well, he is nice sometimes...

I wish I could delete the last 3 seconds - so embarrassing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was just a "love tap" I am sure.

Anonymous said...

sorry but she probably deserved it - she was in his way!

Anonymous said...

too bad it is a he, not she mom. They have not been at class since then and I saw the lady (i think babysitter) in the street one day and she gave me a dirty look.