Friday, October 17, 2008

Meeting Greg Buttle

On Sunday the 12th, Jay and I got to the Jets game early yesterday and as we were heading towards the stadium, we noticed a tent set up where ESPN Radio was doing their live pre-game show, hosted by Greg Buttle, who also co-costs a variety of Jets shows on SNY and thrills us every week with his "Commodities Report".


We decided to watch for a little while when I noticed off to the side, there were some ESPN staffers giving away free items. As you all know, I LOVE the Jets and I LOVE free stuff, so what could be better than free Jets stuff? I decided that I was going push my way to the front of the crowd and score some great prize. Some of the items were beer bottle coolers, t-shirts, magnets etc and then.... out came the best item yet, an item I decided I had to have. I got right up to the front and told the guy handing them out "I am pregnant and my baby needs that - please can I have one?" and after promising that I would have the baby in the Stadium, my "baby" is now the proud owner of:
an autographed Greg Buttle cheesecake head!! Welcome to NY Brett Favre, you are no longer a Cheesehead but a Cheesecake head instead. I have no shame obviously since I went up to Greg Buttle and said "Will you please sign my cheesecake?". The Jets won the game I bet in part due to my lucky new hat. (No, I will not be wearing it to any other games unless we go on a losing streak and then I might have to). Even Ryan got in on the action when we got home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Even Ryan got in on the action when we got home (picture to follow)"...no picture(s)?

Nobody comes to this site to see "Nicole in the City", it's called "Rhino in the City" for a reason.

False advertisement is going to cost you many readers in the future Nicole.

love,
mm

Anonymous said...

Very cute Nicole! I take back my previous comment.

Anonymous said...

well - you dont have to take your comment back - I think I may agree with you my son - I think it should be Rhino and Uncle Michael in the city - A LOT more readers would be interested!!!!